Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji gx680 with leaf aptus back and chinese adapter.  (Read 1626 times)

bpepz

Fuji gx680 with leaf aptus back and chinese adapter.
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:41:56 pm »

I am considering getting a fuji gx680 to use with my leaf aptus back. I am planning on using the very cheap Chinese adapters people have been talking about, but I would like to hear from anyone who has used it if it was successful. The main thing I am worried about is losing infinity focus, and thus having to shim or modify the viewfinder of the camera, which would be really bad in my situation. Also I hear that using the oneshot box is required for leaf aptus backs, I was also wondering if there is a way around this.

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr
Re: Fuji gx680 with leaf aptus back and chinese adapter.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:50:47 am »

I am considering getting a fuji gx680 to use with my leaf aptus back. I am planning on using the very cheap Chinese adapters people have been talking about, but I would like to hear from anyone who has used it if it was successful. The main thing I am worried about is losing infinity focus, and thus having to shim or modify the viewfinder of the camera, which would be really bad in my situation. Also I hear that using the oneshot box is required for leaf aptus backs, I was also wondering if there is a way around this.
Focusing is dead accurate with my adapter, the only quality issue is that when I received the adapter (for Contax backs), my back would fit but wouldn't lock, If I wasn't careful and suspicious, I would have dropped it! I had to remove the upper "hinges" from the adapter (they are removable) and "widen" their hinge width, so that the hinge would lock inside the hole that is provided on the back's adapter. No issues thereafter, but I did left them a "neutral feedback" on Ebay. I don't know on the leaf/fuji combination, probably you will have to use the "one shot", I think some other cameras, need a "double wake up cable" but its probably best if others advise you on this, my back doesn't need "one shot" and didn't need to look into the issue. Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr
Pages: [1]   Go Up