Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Layouts: text placement  (Read 1233 times)

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Print Layouts: text placement
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:23:31 pm »

I print art cards. I have been creating individual files laid our in other programs and have placed information specific to the card, title, file reference etc. as well as generic info.
I can do a layout template in LR with generic info using the ID plate but cannot place caption or title information where I would like it to print.
I would like to avoid using another program and saving each card as a file, would much rather use LR with templates to print as required and have the appropriate fields entered for each card giving the custom information to be printed on back of card.
Please suggest any solutions, LR plug-ins etc. that may facilitate this.
PS
If Adobe is listening, please add this as a requested feature in the print module.
thanks in advance

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Print Layouts: text placement
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:32 pm »

I am also printing art cards using LR and would like to see the same improvements, especially font & colour selection and layout options similar to Slideshow for "Photo Info".

Currently, I set up the photo info and credit in a text doc then take a screen clip and save it as a png specific to each card (see below). This becomes an ID plate which I position as shown in the attachment.

I save each card as a LR template in a folder called "Art Cards" so I don't need to apply the ID plate each time.

I know this is more finicky than you want, but it's a system that is working very well with minimal hassle.

I have LR/Mogrify and have considered using it, but that would output the result as a jpeg with the photo not necessarily optimized for printing. Some other plugin for printing would be ideal.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:47:24 pm by luxborealis »
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Costas

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:06:03 am »

I am also printing art cards using LR and would like to see the same improvements, especially font & colour selection and layout options similar to Slideshow for "Photo Info". .....

Would agree that text placement in the print module is limited, would be nice if similar options to those in slideshow were available.

stingray

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:44:22 pm »

I also agree that Text Placement is seriously sub standard.  I have been requesting improvements in this area since Version 1,  but feel my requests are just drifting on the ether somewhere.

It is particularly grating, when many of the features required are already in the slide show module (which I do not use), but use the print module all the time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up