Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: am1 files/icc for kodak professional papers  (Read 889 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
am1 files/icc for kodak professional papers
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »

Hi all,
   I don't have print profiling hardware and have found that the places making their own am1 files for my ipf8300 and other manufacturer specified profiles really are great EXCEPT that kodak keeps saying that "printers are so good you don't need a profile on ours" and I just don't find that to be true. I'd like to be using the kodak professional lustre and gloss papers for a few things and I'm just not finding the right combo of settings with the paper types/profiles. does anyone know where I can find am1 files to install for this line?
Mark

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: am1 files/icc for kodak professional papers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:55:31 pm »

If you overnite the calibration patches to Kevin at Inkjetart.com, you'll probably find the profile in your email the next morning.  There are instructions on the site.  If you have CS5 be sure to download the Adobe ACPU utility to print the profiles, don't do it through CS5.

Digitaldog, Eric Chan, and others here are capable of making way-beyond-good profiles as well.

Just do it. You won't regret it.  It'll change your life and save you time.

But actually, RC gloss and luster papers are pretty generic and it is likely profiles for one will be kinda-sorta in the ballpark for another.  The .am1 media files just describe things like paper handling and inkload settings, but have nothing to do with color profiles.  You can just use a generic RC media .am1 file, but best to generate one yourself using the Canon Media Configuration Tool.  If you decide to do your own .am1 media file, download a generic one (for instance for one of Canon's RC papers) and use the Media Configuration Tool's "Edit" function to see what inkload the manufacturer chose, and use that one...just skip the inkload step when you run the Media Configuration Tool.  It'll make sense when you get there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up