Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Color  (Read 6253 times)

fredjeang

Re: Apple Color
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 12:08:18 pm »

Nice Morgan,

Trying to be constructively critic, I'd look into it in post is (and specially with the Canon) to get rid-off the blue cast in highlights in some takes. It's easy to eliminate in post so it's worth using a bit of time on those chromatic issues, it would gain visual quality.

From creative cow for ex: http://www.dailymotion.com/cr8vcow#videoId=x8nr9o
The procedure is generally the same, it's about selecting the aberration in question, putting tolerances, check with the matte and remove it. very simple but effective. Could be done in PS in image sequences too or in Capture One and batch.

Ps: Red cameras, don't know why, have much less this issue than dslrs, if not none. The GH2 isn't totally free either.

I like the rythm and content, it incites to look more into your web. I think it's a good presentation. (I like for ex in the cutting things like the feet takes on ice, then the feet takes of the fashion models as an answer etc...)

It also clearly transmits that you cover a vast range of action, from corporate, documentary, narrative, sports etc...

This Reel is a step forward without doubt compared to your previous reel.

Best regards and congrats.  

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:21:40 pm by fredjeang »

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Re: Apple Color
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 04:36:13 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to watch

As for those shots; in a reel its hard - I want to show the ability to sequence - the house sequence 3 shots - does not work without the weak middle one

As for the skiing -  Ill think it over - its a very hard shot to execute - but not executed that well

The Skies - VW and Plane I actually boosted to go for a big look maybe too far

As for the actual look - its a lot of shots, Ill get there in time developing a sensitivity that I probably have with PS (after 10 years of PS)

Thanks for watching..

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up