Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with LR4 .dng files  (Read 1369 times)

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
Problem with LR4 .dng files
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:36:25 am »

I have converted a number of files to .dng in LR4 using the latest conversion, and have subsequently found that I cannot open them in Aperture or Capture One Pro 6 (I am using the latest version of both programs). Has anyone noticed the same thing?

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Problem with LR4 .dng files
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:55:08 am »

I have converted a number of files to .dng in LR4 using the latest conversion, and have subsequently found that I cannot open them in Aperture or Capture One Pro 6 (I am using the latest version of both programs).

Exactly what setting did you use when converting to DNG? You realize that the most recent DNG spec in LR4 is version DNG version 1.4 and may not be compatible with previous versions of the DNG spec. AFAIK, Capture One is based on DNG spec 1.2 which is older than the current spec of 1.4?

When converting to DNG, it's important to double check the backwards compatibility...

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:04:01 am »

I used the latest version of the DNG converter including the 'faster load' option. It is not a major problem for me, and I guess there will (hopefully) be upgrades coming down the line.

Thanks for your reply,

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 02:10:45 am »

I used the latest version of the DNG converter including the 'faster load' option.

Just realize when you select the most recent options in DNG, other software has still need to be updated to support it. DNG isn't exactly universally supported. When saving a DNG it would be useful to specify exactly what DNG version you are saving as...

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:40 am »

Thanks Jeff!

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »

As a postscript to the above I am pleased to say that the problem I had caused myself by assigning the new 2012 calibration to my .dng files, thus making them unreadable by Aperture, was quickly resolved by reassigning the 2010 profile to them.

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up