Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image colour changing in PS when viewing on Macbook Pro and/or additional scr  (Read 1405 times)

delander

Hi everyone, this is probably a newbie question but it is puzzling me. I have a macbook pro with an attached extra Samsung Syncmaster display, both of these screens have been profiled. In PSCS4 when I drag an image window over to the Syncmaster there is a pronounced change in colours. The images are scans of toned lith prints, so they are quite dark and mainly b&w with tones in the highlights. I realise that it is impossible to make the 2 screens match but the difference is really quite obvious and striking. The Syncmaster image is much closer to the original print. If I adjust the colour balance in PS then for some reason the difference on the 2 monitors becomes even greater.

I think that if you have only one screen then PS uses that screen's profile, but what if you have two screens with different profiles what happens when you drag an image over does PS use the Syncmaster profile?

In the displays section of the OS (SL) Preferences, both display are listed with their different profiles and the correct ones highlighted.

Any advice on how to solve this issue much appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Jeff

delander

Please any ideas? I dont see what I'm doing wrong.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up