Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tangles (four images)  (Read 1999 times)

michswiss

Tangles (four images)
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:59:14 pm »

It's time for my annual foray into non-people stuff.  Between cooking and hanging out with family over the holidays there wasn't really time for street work.  So, the next several posts are 'gonna be lifeless.

1)

2)

3)

4)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Tangles (four images)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:18:40 pm »

I wouldn't call that "lifeless," Jennifer, and the compositon in #4 is fascinating.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »

Numbers 3 and 4 are wonderful - either one on the wall would keep me looking for a long time!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:57:27 am »

I love the fourth. The third seems to have haloes around the branches.

Jeremy

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:11 am »

Of the four I prefer the last photo Jennifer- as Russ mentioned the composition is fascinating. The others are a bit too "tangled" for me.

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:53:59 am »

I really like the second one! Especially the green and violet hues. One could possibly try to emphasize the contrasting colours by an ever so slight split toning.

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:57:44 am »

Like the last one, but not the others. I just don't feel they are about anything.

To buzz an old saw of mine once more, they remind me of my own landscapes which always suffer from the same thing: the obvious - to me - lack of a human model, with the resulting question to myself: why did you do it?

I suspect that we are all, in the end, one-genre creatures.

Rob C

michswiss

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 08:04:32 am »

I wouldn't call that "lifeless," Jennifer, and the compositon in #4 is fascinating.

Just wait until you see the next few sets I have planned.  I spend a lot of time taking shots of stuff between shots of people.  It's not like a street shot happens every second.  Well, um, yeah.   You know what I mean.

Numbers 3 and 4 are wonderful - either one on the wall would keep me looking for a long time!

Thanks for that.   The idea that anyone could linger over a shot of mine is nice to know.

I love the fourth. The third seems to have haloes around the branches.

Jeremy

I haven't studied the third recently, but I don't remember any artefacts or haloes.  I'm not great with detailed colour PP but I'll go back to the original RAW and check it over again.

Like the last one, but not the others. I just don't feel they are about anything.

To buzz an old saw of mine once more, they remind me of my own landscapes which always suffer from the same thing: the obvious - to me - lack of a human model, with the resulting question to myself: why did you do it?

I suspect that we are all, in the end, one-genre creatures.

Rob C

I don't think I'm a competent much less average still life or landscape shooter.  Although there's something to be learned through attempting it and listening to critique.  It's a way of gaining insight into my own aesthetic.  I expect a blasting on my next few postings.  A bunch of inanimate shit.  But, if I end up being just a "people" person, I'd be happy.  I'll just keep exploring ways to visualise it as long as I can handle a camera.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:40 am »

...You know what I mean.

I guess :D!! But from what I see in Street & PJ there are those who believe a street shot comes along every second, and act accordingly by shooting and posting them all.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:03:34 am by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »

I don't think I'm a competent much less average still life or landscape shooter.  Although there's something to be learned through attempting it and listening to critique.  It's a way of gaining insight into my own aesthetic.  I expect a blasting on my next few postings.  A bunch of inanimate shit.  But, if I end up being just a "people" person, I'd be happy.  I'll just keep exploring ways to visualise it as long as I can handle a camera.

Jennifer, I'd be happy having a single, honest string to my bow these days; I seem to have a web of tangled, frayed threads.

As for ending up a "people" person, you already managed to be a pretty good `people' person, so be happy!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up