Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 Beta with Windows 7 - Not responsive enough?  (Read 931 times)

dreed

LR4 Beta with Windows 7 - Not responsive enough?
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:20:09 am »

Whilst browsing my catalogue with LR4B, LR4B seems to go out to lunch when it happens across 1080 video. This causes Windows 7 to pop up a dialogue asking me if I want to wait for it or close it. Thus far "waiting" has always been the right solution. Has anyone else noticed this?

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: LR4 Beta with Windows 7 - Not responsive enough?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »

I've not opened a full catalog in the Beta but rather just transferred a bunch of images to play around with.  I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary in terms of speed (or lack thereof).  I printed out a couple of things from the print module today and it worked fine.  Because it is the beta, it did not import any of the presets that I have in LR 3.6 so I had to go through the trouble of setting up the print size etc.  Once I hit the print button it ran as fast as LR 3.6 in terms of rendering and sending it to the printer.

dreed

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:33 pm »

I've not opened a full catalog in the Beta but rather just transferred a bunch of images to play around with.  I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary in terms of speed (or lack thereof).  I printed out a couple of things from the print module today and it worked fine.  Because it is the beta, it did not import any of the presets that I have in LR 3.6 so I had to go through the trouble of setting up the print size etc.  Once I hit the print button it ran as fast as LR 3.6 in terms of rendering and sending it to the printer.

Yes, I haven't had any speed problems when dealing with images, only when I stray onto videos that are in the library...

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:58 pm »

Keep in mind that beta releases have never been optimized for speed, only upon final release.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up