Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D3S sensor cleaning system: any owner care to share experience with same?  (Read 1036 times)

DickKenny

• Dick Kenny at The Chantry Studio

Nikon are on record saying the system incorporated in the D4 is the same as in the D3S. Would very much appreciate hearing from D3S owners that have accumulated experience on the effectiveness - or otherwise - of this function. For example; has it reduced the frequency of manual (physical) sensor cleans? How often activated for good practice? Any indication of contamination types that it can't cope with? All gist to the mill. I only know the D3, which does not have this function; and in which specs on the low-pass filter are a real bugbear. And so,maybe the D4 is a step forward.

Thanks for your time if you can contribute to my understanding.

pw-pix

• My Flickr stream

The D3s is known for sensor dust, the removal system also seems ineffective.
I previously had a Pentax K10D and it seemed to get less dust and the in-built removal system seemed more effective.

I have to use a rocket blower regularly to try and minimise the dust problem with the D3s.

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography

I usually have mine cleaned every 6-months by Nikon because inevitably stuff always gets in there. No other way to get it clean, unless you have hands of steel.
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up