Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The AFi-II 10 and 12 add a tilt screen?  (Read 1293 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
The AFi-II 10 and 12 add a tilt screen?
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:32:50 pm »

Recently, I read "The AFi-II 10 and 12 add a tilt screen, which for architecture may become a big bonus especially if you shoot low level and would like to save your back and neck."

I have not found any info about a tilt screen on Leaf's website. Would someone please post a pic of the screen in action.

I use my Aptus 75 on a Flexbody and enjoy the freedom of viewing images via Bluetooth on an iPAQ PDA. The BT feature is not available on the Aptus II backs but a tilt-able screen might help although not so much in bright sunlight, I guess?

Have any users found the tilt-able screen of assistance on a Flexbody?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: The AFi-II 10 and 12 add a tilt screen?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:58:43 pm »

Hi Roger,

First thing you should know is that the AFi-II backs are made to fit the AFi/ Hy6 body or similar adapter plates (ALPA/ Arca-Swiss/ Cambo/ Linhof/ Silvestri/ Sinar/ Mamiya RZ...) and therefore cannot be mounted on your Flexbody

Here are a couple of pics, the second one (sorry for the quality...) shows the AFi-II 12 mated to Arca-Swiss Rm2D

Hope this helps

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: The AFi-II 10 and 12 add a tilt screen?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 01:26:50 pm »

Thank you, Yair.
Unless Leaf have plans to allow their backs to communicate directly with a PDA/iPhone, I guess I am stuck with the old Bluetooth-capable backs.

I need some flexibility in viewing images on the Flexbody and even outdoors in the sun on a "normal" body. Having to take along a laptop to get old functionality is ridiculous, in my opinion!
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up