Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ColourChecker Passport use with filters in Landscapes?  (Read 1061 times)

russellsnr

ColourChecker Passport use with filters in Landscapes?
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:58:09 am »

Hi, Maybe a silly question :-[ but for those who use the CCP in landscape photography along with ND,GND's or the polarizor filter when you take the referance photo of the CCP do you do so with the filter/s in place for each shot or just take one without filters attached and then again with or without filters as the light changes?
Thanks
Russ

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Re: ColourChecker Passport use with filters in Landscapes?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:19:39 am »

I always shoot with WB set to daylight.

Except when I am lazy of forget, for a given location (geographic and season dependent) I take a calibration shot at sunny sky using ExpoDisc; http://www.expoimaging.com/product-detail.php?cat_id=1&product_id=2&keywords=ExpoDisc_Neutral

That gives a calibrated shot for actual daylight of a geographic and seasonal location, with which WB I initiate my processing. If light changes during day, it leads simply to that I will capture that change and the color change of the actual light compared to daylight. Obvious I do not want to neutralize the light in landscapes, I want to capture the light. Same goes for filters, I want to capture their effect when I use them, not neutralize them. However I can also make other calibration shots to assist me when processing, in case I think the color (WB) change is too large.

Yes, I also carry with me CCP which is excellent, but I rarely use it and especially not for WB.

Best regards,
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up