Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images do not look the same  (Read 4288 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Images do not look the same
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:12 pm »

I created a virtual copy of an image and sent it to CS5 using the" edit the original " option.  I make a few adjustments on several layers and then"save".  WHe I view the image that was brought back into LR  next to the image in CS5, they do not look the same--the brightness and contrast are different.  As I understand it, they should look identical.

Why is this occurring--what step am I missing??

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Re: Images do not look the same
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:28:51 am »

Was your working space in Photoshop Prophoto RGB? Or did you by mistake have soft proofing on in Photoshop?

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 04:16:55 am »

Have a look at the Lightroom Develop settings for the image that came back into LR. I had a case where an image sent to PS like this had a LR Develop preset applied to it when it came back into LR...which of course made it look different in LR to how it is in PS.

Kevin

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 01:56:02 pm »

I imported original as Pro Photo and sent to CS5 as the same.  The CS5 edited photo is still in Pro Photo.

I did not  apply any presets upon re-import into LR.

I tried to check the color space in LR but could not figure how--How do I do this?

How can I double check whether a preset was applied without my knowledge?

Thanks
mdiimaging.com

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:32 pm »

I imported original as Pro Photo and sent to CS5 as the same.  The CS5 edited photo is still in Pro Photo.

I did not  apply any presets upon re-import into LR.

I tried to check the color space in LR but could not figure how--How do I do this?

How can I double check whether a preset was applied without my knowledge?

Thanks

Lightroom works in the Prophoto color space and therefore it is advised that export to Photoshop is done in Prophoto and 16 bit (and in TIFF or PSD).

You can see in the history in the left hand panel in the develop module for the picture if any editing has been done after it was imported into Lightroom after the editing in Photoshop. There should not be any edits if you haven't done any.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »

The history panel does not show an export to CS5 or a reimport--should that be seen??
mdiimaging.com

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:22:44 pm »

Continuing frustration!!!

This forum has been helpful in the past but not this time

Simply sending image to CS5 and doing nothing cause the two images to appear different.  No presets were applied and bothe are in Photopro color space,  16 bit.

Of Interest--Using the "edit in CS5" command and selecting "edit a copy" Results in a copy being made in LR.  WHen these two are viewed in the Develop module, they appear identical, but when they viewed in the Library module they do not.  One looks much sharper than the other.

What is ging on here???   HELP

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

Make sure your ACR is updated.  If it's lagging it will drop new LR adjustments.

CASpyr

• Online portfolio
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 05:18:32 am »

Of Interest--Using the "edit in CS5" command and selecting "edit a copy" Results in a copy being made in LR.  WHen these two are viewed in the Develop module, they appear identical, but when they viewed in the Library module they do not.  One looks much sharper than the other.

What is ging on here???   HELP

MDIJB

Which one is looking sharper? I assume it's the original.
How do you view them in the library module? Fully zoomed in? Side-by-side?
The forum needs a bit more specific info to be of help... ;)

Have you tried zooming in to 100% on the less sharp picture? If not, this can help. It could be that there is not yet a high quality preview for the picture available. Zooming in will automatically trigger the rendering of such a preview.
The situation is different in the develop module where rendering takes place every time you select a picture.

Hope this helps.
Christian
Christian Spyr - cspyr.zenfolio.com

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »

the strangeness continues!!

Today there is no difference between the original and the copy in sharpness--they look identical--What gives

The more important issue is the difference between the image appearance in LR and CS5--can yo offer any help on this issue??
mdiimaging.com

Nigel Johnson

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »

the strangeness continues!!

Today there is no difference between the original and the copy in sharpness--they look identical--What gives

This supports the suggestion that Christian made in his post that this is because LR had not previously generated a high quality preview and that when you returned to it the following day LR had had time to build the new preview.

The more important issue is the difference between the image appearance in LR and CS5--can yo offer any help on this issue??

Unfortunately I am unable to help with your main problem. Does it happen if you go to PS and make no intentional changes, but still save? Can you post examples of the before and after photos as this may help forum members to see exactly what the problem is and hopefully identify the cause.

Regards
Nigel

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »

Just sending an imag to CS5 and doing nothing results in the contrast and color to be slightly but noticeably dfferent, when compared side by side.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up