Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer maintainance / Changing cartridges in the middle of a print.  (Read 996 times)

Ch-Jaeger

In the C2PS section on printer maintenance Jeff and Michael talk about printing to the last drop of ink (basically until the printer stops) and then change the cartridge, even if its in the middle of a print.

Is this rule applicable to every Epson printer or only to the pro models.

I have a R1900 prosumer printer and change cartridges quite often (cause it has really small tanks). Until now I changed once the low ink warning comes up and after that the printer seems to perform some internal gymnastics for quite a while (making a lot of noises until it finally settles to ready) so I am unsure if i can change cartridges in the middle of a print.

Does anybody have this printer and has tried this before? I haven't tested this and don't want to waist a large sheet of expensive paper if the machine will abort the print on an empty cartridge.

----
Christoph

Randy Carone

Re: Printer maintainance / Changing cartridges in the middle of a print.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:14 pm »

Yes, wait until the printer stops and change carts. The printer will start back up and you won't notice where it stopped. All Epson's share this feature. I once had customer who ran out of yellow and waited from Friday until Monday, when he replaced the yellow, his printer started back up and no indication that it had run out. NEVER replace a cart when you get a low warning. You could be trashing as much as 1/3 or your small ink tanks.
Randy Carone
Pages: [1]   Go Up