Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Platine Fibre Profiles - Epson 7880  (Read 7085 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Canson Platine Fibre Profiles - Epson 7880
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »

I have looked at that thread and at Eric's website.  It just so happens that I am not using the latest Epson driver, so I still have the ability to use Eric's ABW profile.  Also, I have been printing out of ImageNest rather than CS5, but I don't know if that has any bearing on the matter.

My question is:  Does the latest Epson ABW driver give equal or better results than the previous one with an ABW profile?

Rob

I don't know anything about ImageNest since I print out of Lightroom but I would doubt that there would be any difference between the two drivers but have not done the test.  I updated my driver back in December and have printed a number of ABW prints which look just like the ones I printed prior (I make all my own ABW profiles using QTR).

Alan

robgo2

• Robert Goldstein Photography
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 01:20:17 pm »

I don't know anything about ImageNest since I print out of Lightroom but I would doubt that there would be any difference between the two drivers but have not done the test.  I updated my driver back in December and have printed a number of ABW prints which look just like the ones I printed prior (I make all my own ABW profiles using QTR).

Alan

That's encouraging, as it suggests that Epson has improved the ABW driver.

Regarding ImageNest, you might have fun with v3.5 Beta, if you are on a Mac.  It is fully functional and virtually bug-free.  When I have compared it to printing from CS5, there is no question that the ImageNest prints have more detail and are sharper, and I'm certain that the same would apply to Lightroom.  It would be interesting to see how it compares to the latest Epson drivers, but my guess is that IN would come out on top.  My understanding is that it completely bypasses the Epson driver for uprezzing of the image.  You can even choose to apply sharpening in the uprezzing process, which makes a substantial difference in the final print, but even with no additional sharpening at this level, the print quality is definitely superior to what I get out of CS5.

Rob  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:37:29 pm by robgo2 »

Alistair

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:04 am »

I don't know anything about ImageNest since I print out of Lightroom but I would doubt that there would be any difference between the two drivers but have not done the test.  I updated my driver back in December and have printed a number of ABW prints which look just like the ones I printed prior (I make all my own ABW profiles using QTR).

Alan

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why do you not just print from QTR?
Alistair

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 08:22:25 am »

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why do you not just print from QTR?
Just didn't feel the need to do so.  My workflow was already incorporated into LR and when I had an Epson 2880, I had some ABW profiles done for me by Eric Chan.  When I began doing my own profiles last year I found it was really easy to do ABW profiles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up