Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hp designjet Z3100 says replace cartridge? I tried several new ones...  (Read 1679 times)

galerainh2o

Hello I have a hp designjet Z3100. My glossy cartridge "E" keeps giving me an error to replace it. When I put a brand new one in it worked fine I printed a color calibration then the next day it say to "faulty cartridge must replace" I am going on my 3rd cartridge now, with 2 brand new ones...

If anyone has any ideas on how I could go about fixing this I would greatly appreciate it. Hp has not been any help so far.

Mark Potter

Re: hp designjet Z3100 says replace cartridge? I tried several new ones...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:20:18 am »

I have never had that issue with my Z3100? Have you tried to keep the same cartridge and just re-seat it? since you have more than one cartridge and get the same I would say that rules out the cartridge and is a printer issue. Have you tried re-seating the "EG" print head?

DotCom Editor

Might not be the cartridge
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 03:07:45 pm »

It's possible that something downstream from the cartridge is giving you a problem, such as the manifold into which the cartridge plugs, the distribution tubes getting clogged, etc. You might want to start running the diagnostic tests as dictated by the repair manual.

galerainh2o

Re: hp designjet Z3100 says replace cartridge? I tried several new ones...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 02:23:21 pm »

I have tried running a test with the hp customer service on the phone. He had me press the ok and up arrow while booting up the printer. That opens up some other menus. He then had me run a test on one of the menus where I pulled out each cartridge and you press down the sensor that checks the cartridge ink level. That test showed no problem with the printer. I think the clogged tube makes the most sense. Do you know where to get the repair manual?
Pages: [1]   Go Up