Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossing Lines from Designer to Photographer and Visa Vera  (Read 746 times)

BenjaminKanarek

Crossing Lines from Designer to Photographer and Visa Vera
« on: January 09, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »

There is a very strong trend that is not abating and that is the ambidexterity and multi disciplinary capacities of several fashion designers to become their own photographers and perhaps creative directors of their own line of clothing, accessories etc.

I think that is great, as it really shows us that if you are creative, it doesn't really matter which tools you employ to express yourself and that the tool is just a means of concretizing the creative experience in to a viable product.

I myself have on occasion been asked to be a consulting creative director for brands as diverse as Lancôme, Dim, Club Med, etc.  There are several designers out there that are employing  very competent crews to aid in their realizing their visual goals, as would a film director, screen writer or producer.  However, this does effectively diminish the possibilities of photographers whom had in the past been employed for their campaigns to seek work elsewhere.  That is a tough call indeed!

It is for this reason, I am writing this post to say that I am seriously considering starting up a new line of clothing called "KanareK"…

I would love to get your feedback as well as your feeling regarding the new trend of multi-disciplinary creativity. Do you feel that it is here to stay, or just a trend due to a reaction to the economic malaise we are suffering at this juncture in time?

Let's Talk…

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/qwkg
Pages: [1]   Go Up