Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon, Canon and Pentax lens in a Sony Nex 7  (Read 2239 times)

Pedro Lopez Alegret

Nikon, Canon and Pentax lens in a Sony Nex 7
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:20:22 am »

Do you know adapters for work with Nikon, Canon and Pentax lens in a Sony Nex 7 camera, in automatic form (automatical autofocus and aperture)?
Thanks
            Pedro

stever

Re: Nikon, Canon and Pentax lens in a Sony Nex 7
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »

Conurus is working on an adapter that will allow Canon aperture control - it won't be cheap. 

Other lenses with manual aperture control can be used manually (Canon is electronic only)

It's highly unlikely that there will ever be an AF adapter for anything other than the Sony/Minolta lenses.  However, with the NEX-7's Focus Peaking, using manual focus should not be that bad.

I can imagine someone with a special requirement wanting to use a Canon or other lens with the NEX-7, but having a bunch of Canon lenses, i can't think of a good reason why i would use any of them on a NEX-7

if you're really interested in lenses that will work with the NEX-7, a subscription to diglloyd Advanced Photograpy is well worthwhile - there are a number of optical compatibility issues adapting lenses to the NEX-7

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:37:28 pm »

Hi,

All lenses made for SLRs will work fine with adapters, but few of those adapters will sport automatic aperture. That may matter little, except when shooting in the dark.

Best regards
Erik

Conurus is working on an adapter that will allow Canon aperture control - it won't be cheap. 

Other lenses with manual aperture control can be used manually (Canon is electronic only)

It's highly unlikely that there will ever be an AF adapter for anything other than the Sony/Minolta lenses.  However, with the NEX-7's Focus Peaking, using manual focus should not be that bad.

I can imagine someone with a special requirement wanting to use a Canon or other lens with the NEX-7, but having a bunch of Canon lenses, i can't think of a good reason why i would use any of them on a NEX-7

if you're really interested in lenses that will work with the NEX-7, a subscription to diglloyd Advanced Photograpy is well worthwhile - there are a number of optical compatibility issues adapting lenses to the NEX-7
Erik Kaffehr

Pedro Lopez Alegret

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 03:39:35 am »

Thank you very much for the information.
                                                            Pedro

stever

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 11:05:36 am »

What Erik says is true, however without a special adapter which contains an adjustable aperture (such as is available for MFT), or an electronic interface, the Canon lenses will always be wide open.
Pages: [1]   Go Up