Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help figuring out how to use C1 on a wedding workflow  (Read 5091 times)

David Medina

Need help figuring out how to use C1 on a wedding workflow
« on: January 08, 2012, 01:24:23 am »

Hi:

I am evaluating C1 and media Pro to use it for my wedding studio but I am having a bit of a difficulty figuring out how to set up a proper workflow integrating both software. I love to hear from Wedding photographers that have successfully set up a proper and efficient workflow using both.

Here is a bit of background. Until very recently I have been using Apple Aperture 3 for cataloging, sorting, editing and processing my weddings. Obviously I shoot RAW. I use Nikon cameras. But recently Aperture's performance once again leave a lot to be desired. So I gave up on Aperture and began looking for an alternative. The obvious one is lightroom 3 but I also wanted to check C1 with Media Pro. LR3 is very nice but I do love how C1 make my files look. But I am having a problem setting up an efficient wedding workflow. I am having a hard time understanding the integration between C1 and Media pro and making it work for me.

This is what i thought I could do:

1. Ingest images into C1 and do the initial edit and rAW processing. Once done, send all the files over to Media Pro to create a catalog.

2. In Media Pro I will assign keywords and re number the images.

So far is very straight forward but here is where I am getting confuse. Once I have all my images keyworded (Bride, Groom, Couple, Ceremony, etc) and re-numbered, I need to go over to C1 to process all those images into jPG so I can upload them online for client previews. I need C1 to see the keywords I assigned over on Media Pro so i can filter the images and process them based on keyword groups (all the brides images together, then the Groom, etc). For some reason I cannot get C1 to see the Keywords created over on Media Pro.

What am I doing wrong? What is the best way to set up a wedding workflow? I need to understand better the integration between C1 and Media Pro and if there are plans to have a more seamless integration.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
Re: Need help figuring out how to use C1 on a wedding workflow
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:32:50 am »

Maybe its better simply to process images first, than make groups and keywords?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:10:01 pm »

Metadata Syncing in [Capture One > Preferences] and Media Pro's settings for side car vs. embed is your answer regarding sharing tagging/keywords etc. Make sure you're using the absolute latest version of each since there were some issues with previous versions.

My portrait workflow is detailed here with some notes about changes for weddings:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-32530.html

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

David Medina

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:18 am »

Thanks.