Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 100% success of multishot (4x) & microstep (16x) with Fuji GX680 & Contax645  (Read 2850 times)

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr

Until 40 days ago, I thought that the misses I had in multishot (4x) and the low success in microstep (16x) with my Imacon 528c MFDB and my Contax 645, where because of the town traffic, noisy environment, mirror shock, ...even me breathing. In fact I couldn't succeed either of them (4x or 16x) with my Fuji GX 680 at all! Well, now I have 100% success with both cameras! In fact I shoot in 16x even when I need 4x just for the fun of it! I also removed all dumbing techniques I've invented (rubber tapes, sponge pieces, ...whatever) out of all my cameras and even keep the studio door open, listen to the music while I shoot, even ...dance to the floor or shout just for the fan of it! I also stopped using the ultra quiet Contax and only use the ...noisy Fuji, just to have a REVENGE for the headaches I was caused in the past. How? Well I thought my tripods where good enough and up to 40 days ago, I used the top of the line Manfrotto with the top of the line head and my boom-weight attached on the centered column, but then I was given by a retired photographer, a 40 years old italian tripod which he insisted that "was the best photography thing he ever had", I was given the FATIF!!! Now I hear about the trouble that people have with "multishot" and how almost impossible "microstep" is and I just LOL! Its exactly as easy is single-shot guys... and I don't bullshit you on the matter, I mean it! All the "vibration" problems that you have, its a creation of your mind as it was of mine, it was your "top quality" tripod all the time. Find your shelves a "they don't make them like that anymore" one and all your troubles are over. Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr
 P.S. I honestly hope nobody that was fed up with 4&16x and sold his back reed this..., I mean it, 100% success on 16x, with the Fuji GX680 on a noisy environment!

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA

That's great! The difficulties of multishot and microstep have been highly exaggerated. 

I've not had a problem with my 528C and later 528CF even shooting microstep not even on a tripod, but just laying on the table.  This is because the Rollei 6008AF operates without the mirror going up and down between shots, and the leaf shutter in the lenses does not move anything.   

I have had problems with some certain fluorescent lights, but that's another issue.
Rolleiflex USA

fotometria gr

• www.fotometria.gr

That's great! The difficulties of multishot and microstep have been highly exaggerated. 

I've not had a problem with my 528C and later 528CF even shooting microstep not even on a tripod, but just laying on the table.  This is because the Rollei 6008AF operates without the mirror going up and down between shots, and the leaf shutter in the lenses does not move anything.   

I have had problems with some certain fluorescent lights, but that's another issue.
No mirror lock needed either Eric! In fact you can't lock the mirror in either of my cameras and I removed all the dumbing I have had planted on their mirrors. Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr
Pages: [1]   Go Up