Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color MGT in CS3 on Mac OS X 6.8 (Snow Leopard) Epson 7800 Printer Test Chart  (Read 5199 times)

SW

Thank you. I want to use caps when I say thank you, but that's considered shouting, grin.

Doyle Yoder

I like your wisdom. From what I've read, Lions are to be kept at a distance.

Will I be better able to successfully run and print from CS5 on Snow Leopard. Is there a likelihood that I'll have problems using my Wacom tablet with CS5? (Just another concern.)

CS5, Snow Leopard and the Wacom table all work great together.

SW

I just want to thank ALL of you who generously offered help. For those who might also be helped by this forum discussion, here's what worked for me as a result of the generous help provided.

Installed CS5, and retained CS3. The ACPU would not open so I used the longhand work around to print the Gretag MacBeth untagged chart from which to create profiles for each paper type. The charts were printed in CS5. THen I created the profiles for each paper type.

To test the quality, and differences between CS3 and CD5 printing, I ran two different images from each paper type profile generated. Then I ran each of the two images from CS3 and then CS5.

Confirming what everyone has been saying, i.e., CS3 generated images that lacked tonal gradation, produced unacceptable skin tones and were much darker over-all. Prints did not match the soft proofs on screen nor the printer preview images.

The images from CS5 matched both the soft proofing on screen and the printer preview images. Skin tones were considerably better. There was better tonal gradation over-all with no posterization, even in the shadows. The images were definitely brighter.

Thank you, everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up