Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: emails ending up in SPAM???  (Read 1670 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
emails ending up in SPAM???
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

I am a wedding photographer based in Miami. I just noticed over the holidays that most of the client inquiries I have received ended in my SPAM FOLDER. These are actual inquiries coming from brides and grooms... I am using a gmail based business email account.
I have never ever sent spam email in my life...
Has this ever happened to you? What can I do that this won't happen in the future?

haring

Re: emails ending up in SPAM???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:34:07 pm »

What I am worried is that my emails may end up in the SPAM folder of my present and future clients...

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:02:11 am »

I am a wedding photographer based in Miami. I just noticed over the holidays that most of the client inquiries I have received ended in my SPAM FOLDER. These are actual inquiries coming from brides and grooms... I am using a gmail based business email account.
I have never ever sent spam email in my life...
Has this ever happened to you? What can I do that this won't happen in the future?
You seem to have two problems. The first is an overactive spam filter at your end, which is deeming some of your clients' and potential clients' emails to be junk. If you can't tune it yourself, you'll just have to check your junk email box on a regular basis.

There's not much you can do about the second, to ensure that your own emails aren't regarded as spam by their recipients. Addresses at bulk free email providers such as hotmail are more likely to be so regarded.

Jeremy

PS: your web site could, I respectfully suggest, do with a re-think. The front page of the wedding part has a huge amount of almost indecipherably tiny text; if it really needs to be somewhere (I couldn't read it without strain, so I didn't), I'd suggest it be split into several different pages and the font size increased. You also have a "lorem ipsum" paragraph on your Contact page. There's probably more.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:04:31 am »

IMHO, I think you should review your SEO techniques: both your signature here, and all that text in your front page, look like SPAM on first sight; can't say without looking to your emails, but perhaps you are pushing the envelope too much, and triggering anti-SPAM filters.

haring

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:14 am »

IMHO, I think you should review your SEO techniques: both your signature here, and all that text in your front page, look like SPAM on first sight; can't say without looking to your emails, but perhaps you are pushing the envelope too much, and triggering anti-SPAM filters.

Edu, thanks a lot!

haring

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:39 am »

You seem to have two problems. The first is an overactive spam filter at your end, which is deeming some of your clients' and potential clients' emails to be junk. If you can't tune it yourself, you'll just have to check your junk email box on a regular basis.

There's not much you can do about the second, to ensure that your own emails aren't regarded as spam by their recipients. Addresses at bulk free email providers such as hotmail are more likely to be so regarded.

Jeremy

PS: your web site could, I respectfully suggest, do with a re-think. The front page of the wedding part has a huge amount of almost indecipherably tiny text; if it really needs to be somewhere (I couldn't read it without strain, so I didn't), I'd suggest it be split into several different pages and the font size increased. You also have a "lorem ipsum" paragraph on your Contact page. There's probably more.

WoW! I have just noticed the lorum ipsum...!
Pages: [1]   Go Up