Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussion on Printer Maintenance  (Read 3543 times)

hbb

Discussion on Printer Maintenance
« on: December 31, 2011, 06:56:10 am »

Dear Michael and Jeff,

just looked you video segment about printer maintenance and have an open question left:

What is your best practice to avoid issues with the paper feeder?

I am using the Epson 38x0 family and have always the same problem. After printing around 15-20 sheets of matte paper (especially Hahnemühle Photo Rag), the rolls get dirty from the abrasion of the paper backside, which prohibits the printer in grabbing the paper. The only way to clean it is to use some sheets of normal A4 80g paper. Do you have a better best practice?

Best regards

Bernd

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Discussion on Printer Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:48:39 am »

What is your best practice to avoid issues with the paper feeder?

I am using the Epson 38x0 family and have always the same problem. After printing around 15-20 sheets of matte paper (especially Hahnemühle Photo Rag), the rolls get dirty from the abrasion of the paper backside, which prohibits the printer in grabbing the paper. The only way to clean it is to use some sheets of normal A4 80g paper. Do you have a better best practice?
You need to dust both sides of matte paper with a horsehair drafting brush to get all the residual stuff off the paper.  I've been doing this consistently when I print with matte paper on my 3880 and have never had any issues with misfeeds.  It would be nice if Hahnemuhle would follow Museo's practice and interleave each sheet in the box to prevent the backside from picking up debris.
Pages: [1]   Go Up