Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: elements version 10  (Read 998 times)

DeanSonneborn

elements version 10
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:03:42 pm »

Does anyone know if adobe elements has layers and channels? That's mostly what I use cs4 for. I'm debating all this upgrade business with having to get cs5 just to be able to get cs6 in the future.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: elements version 10
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:28:01 pm »

Maybe a more pertinent question is "how likely is it that CS6 can add anything worthwhile" to what you're currently using ?

But to answer your question; Yes, PSE 10 has layers and layer masks, but I can't find any way to edit individual channels.
However if you want to avoid Photoshop and still edit individual channels, you could do worse than look at The Gimp.

DeanSonneborn

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »

I must do 98% of my work in lightroom but once in a while I edit in photoshop. I did not upgrade to cs5 because the new stuff did not seem important enough for what I do with it.

aduke

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:33:28 pm »

I think that I am currently running about 50% LR and 50% PS. I upgraded from CS1 to CS4 at the last possible moment. I upgraded to CS5 because of the recent announcement, in order to allow less expensive upgrade to CS6.

My thoughts at the time of the last upgrade were that I would probably not ever do it. That I would spend some time in the next year looking at alternatives, such as the Gimp or other editors. I've no interest in leaving LR as it covers so much of my workflow. RAW conversion being only a part of that.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up