Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop crash  (Read 1613 times)

Ray Cox

Photoshop crash
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »

Every so often something frustrating happens. While working on an image in Photoshop the program will crash. I can get it to do it whenever I want now that I know how to do it. If I inadvertently click very slightly below the had tool in the tool bar, there is a "camera rotate tool" that is normally hidden unless you hover over it. Cause the program to crash every time!   Is there a way to get rid of this tool or a cure. Pretty frustrating to loose several layers of work. 

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Photoshop crash
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »

If I inadvertently click very slightly below the had tool in the tool bar, there is a "camera rotate tool" that is normally hidden unless you hover over it. Cause the program to crash every time!   Is there a way to get rid of this tool or a cure. Pretty frustrating to loose several layers of work. 

Turn off Enable OpenGL Drawing in the Performance panel of PS Preferences...depending on your system/video card/driver (which you don't bother to mention) instability can be caused by using the GPU.

Ray Cox

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 04:19:06 pm »

Using Photoshop CS5, running on a Mac 2.66 dual, ver. 10.5.8     Video cards NVIDIA GeForce7300GT (dual)
Checked the preference panel, Enable OpenGl is turned off.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

Well, I can't duplicate any crashes...but I'm on 10.6.6. So, if it hurts when you do that, don't do that. Rather than use the cursor to get to the hand tool, just use the H keyboard shortcut or do what I do and hold down the space bar to get the Hand tool.

Ray Cox

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:07:22 pm »

Thanks for the quick input. Will give those two solutions a try.  Have been working with Photoshop the same way for years, this is something that has only become a problem recently.

Time for a new work routine I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up