Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review of Pentax 645D  (Read 11226 times)

Radu Arama

Re: Review of Pentax 645D
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 12:14:54 pm »

I have seen the "14bit" myth but we're still to witness the "Kodak makes an inferior type of sensor only for Pentax use" myth. I guess it will be any minute now ...

Happy Holidays,
Radu

tsjanik

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 01:14:21 pm »

I have seen the "14bit" myth but we're still to witness the "Kodak makes an inferior type of sensor only for Pentax use" myth. I guess it will be any minute now ...

Happy Holidays,
Radu

LOL.  It does seem that some are reluctant to give Pentax any credit for their products.
I have found many of the Pentax MF lenses to be excellent and a few are only good to ok, but I wouldn’t describe any of them as “dogs”. On the positive side, the naysayers will likely keep used lens prices down ;D.

Nick, try the A version of the 35mm, it doesn't exhibit the reported funky field curvature of the FA version.

Tom

grhazelton

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 03:52:03 pm »

LOL.  It does seem that some are reluctant to give Pentax any credit for their products.
I have found many of the Pentax MF lenses to be excellent and a few are only good to ok, but I wouldn’t describe any of them as “dogs”. On the positive side, the naysayers will likely keep used lens prices down ;D.

Nick, try the A version of the 35mm, it doesn't exhibit the reported funky field curvature of the FA version.

Tom

I have the 35mm A which I use on my 645n.  Only minimal barrel distortion is visable, and that only on straight lines, of course, and easily correctable in scanned images.  The 120mm A is excellent.  Sadly the prices for used 645 lenses, manual or auto focus, have skyrocketed since the introduction of the 645D.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up