Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What can I do with the noise pattern and broken bokeh?  (Read 1838 times)

zaku2

What can I do with the noise pattern and broken bokeh?
« on: December 26, 2011, 01:41:44 am »

I am a newbie of this forum. I hope I have place this question in the right place.

Below are my image taken by Canon 60D (setting ISO 640, F4.5, 1/250s)
This is not the first I encounter such kind of pattern in a photo.
You may find the shadow on the elbow (red boxed) that is showing some noise pattern but not a smooth gradient. It is both visible in JPEG or RAW file.
It is not just happened on the shadow part, even the arm with lighter exposure has such a pattern.
It bother me quite some time because I should remove them before printing. I just want to know is it avoidable?
I have set the auto lighting optimizer and noise reduction to standard. Any setting suggestion on this matter?

The other photo was taken by Sony NEX-3 with a manual focus lens. (Setting ISO800, F2, 1/80sec)
The red boxed part is also quite strange to see the coarse bokeh pattern.
The bokeh is in the mid-tone and highlight range which have less problem on noise reduction.
It should be smooth but it isn't.

Sometimes, I find it is a common phenomenon that can happen on full frame camera such as
Canon 5D mark II. Does anyone may know the reason?  If it is unavoidable, how can I solve the problem?
I used to use the repairing tool in Photoshop but it seems not a smart way. I think it is worthwhile to discuss.
Thanks for any opinion.
 :)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:07:07 am by zaku2 »

Walter Schulz

Re: What can I do with the noise pattern and broken bokeh?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 04:47:29 am »

I have set the auto lighting optimizer and noise reduction to standard. Any setting suggestion on this matter?

Turn Auto Light Optimizer off.

Ciao, Walter
Pages: [1]   Go Up