Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson printer stopped printing  (Read 1015 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Epson printer stopped printing
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:26:03 am »

I bought a POS* Epson SX-510W all-in-one for my parents so my mom can print photos of her watercolor paintings and some web clippings. Now it stopped printing.

Epson's printing driver software pops up showing a printing printer, but nothing happens and the progress bar doesn't progress. Windows Vista print spooler "helpfully" gives an "error." Clearing the spooler, restarting the spooler, restarting the computer, restarting the printer, no use.

I'm using wifi connection, it worked fine until today. Copying works fine.

Any tips before I throw it out the window?

edit: nevermind, nth reboot and restart fixed it for no apparent reason. 45 mins of my Christmas wasted.

* I spent an hour on Skype with my parents to try to get the damn thing to cough up its goddam empty ink tanks, to zero results. You have to go through obscure menus (why the hell?), and the stupid manual has wrong instructions. Even the guy at the shop who does this shit for a living had problems with changing the tanks. Last Epson I will ever buy or recommend.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:47:08 am by feppe »

walter.sk

Re: Epson printer stopped printing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:43:57 am »

I don't know if you tried this, but uninstall the printe driver and delete the printer from Windows (if that is what you're using).  then reinstall the printer and driver, and check for updates on the driver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up