Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on Phototex with iPF8300  (Read 5189 times)

mark707

Printing on Phototex with iPF8300
« on: December 23, 2011, 02:01:57 pm »

Hi all,

I have been doing some test prints on Phototex using my Canon iPF8300, I have tried the proofing paper and Special 6 settings suggested on the Phototex website but the results have been mainly throw away due to the blacks and sometimes the reds spreading.  Can anyone suggest settings they have been successful with?  The most successful print came with matt paper settings but there was still some issues with red spreading.

Many thanks
Mark

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Printing on Phototex with iPF8300
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 03:25:38 pm »

On Phototex (assuming adhesive cloth media) I had some minor "bleeding" of inks using an Epson 9800.  I generated a custom profile and then used Water color ardiant white as the printer setting----no more spreading or bleeding of the inks!  You might want try printer settings that put down less ink and see if that helps...

ken

mark707

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 03:44:19 pm »

Ken, many thanks for the reply.  The Phototex distributor did say they have had some issues with the Canon printers as they do tend to put too much ink down, would you happen to know what media types would require the least ink? 

Also, do you have problems with the ink smudging when the phototex gets wet?  I have noticed this with black in particular.

Regards
Mark

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »

I would start with something like the Watercolor Paper Radiant White setting on the Epson----I'm just not familiar with Canon printers/drivers.  On the Epson printer driver, users can also also decrease ink under the configuration menu.  I just noticed that for Phototex, I have this set at -3.  Thankfully Qimage keeps track of all these settings and the icc profiles for me!  If you are playing around with the ink settings in the configuration menu (assuming Canon is similar), if you are generating your own icc profiles, you should be using the same settings when generating the color targets.

ken

mark707

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 05:33:25 pm »

Many thanks Ken!

Nigel Johnson

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:57:08 pm »

Mark

I don't know the particular paper and its required settings, but if you have not already read them it would be worthwhile looking at the advice on the canonipf Wiki at http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/Optimal+Media+Type and the included links. If you havn't seen the Wiki before there are many useful pages including links to the latest drivers, the top page is at http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/.

Also I assume you have checked the instructions for adding a new paper in the Media Configuration Tool help (part of the iPF6300 User Manual).

Regards
Nigel

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 04:13:45 pm »

I have an article on my website called "determine the optimal media selection for any paper" that you might find useful, along with a helpful media selection test image. http://www.on-sight.com/2008/04/04/how-to-determine-the-optimal-media-selection-for-any-paper/
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

tdmlt

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 05:01:46 am »

Hi mark,

I would like to ask if you have had any luck printing on phototex with your canon ipf8300?

We have the same printer and have had the same problems as you. We've been sent a media configuration file but it is corrupt. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Theo

mark707

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 07:07:53 am »

Hi Theo,

PM me your email address and I will forward you the config files sent to me, they seem to have done the trick!

Mark

Light Seeker

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 12:41:40 pm »

PM me your email address and I will forward you the config files sent to me, they seem to have done the trick!

It looks like I have some Phototex work coming up, and I'd sure appreciate receiving a copy of your config files Mark. PM sent.

Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up