Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Pad2 workflow nightmare  (Read 3201 times)

adrian tyler

• http://www.adriantyler.net/
I Pad2 workflow nightmare
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:53:02 am »

hi, i just got an i pad2 as a gift, and i've trolled through all the pros and cons for photographers, but for my simple reqirements it might be good, that is, i never shoot over 32gb on a trip, and wouldn't dream of image processing till i get on a real computer.

what i would like to do, is load up photos, have a quick look mark out the good ones and and delete the unwanted ones. however the "photos" app thingy is a bit clumsy, in that you can't mark the good ones and easily delete the rest without having to mark them all individually first...

are there any apps out there that will allow me to bypass "photos" during import, look, review and delete photos?

thanks!

sandymc

Re: I Pad2 workflow nightmare
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:19:07 am »

You have to load images into the Photo's app first - Apple restricts direct access to SD cards, etc

Photosmith is probably closest to what you want from a workflow perspective. Assuming you're a LR user.

If you want to see raw images at 1:1, PhotoRaw or piRAWhna

Sandy

adrian tyler

• http://www.adriantyler.net/
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 03:12:41 pm »

thanks sandy

i should have mentioned, i DON'T use lightroom, i dislike the way it organises my file structure - or rather i prefer to do that myself.

i looked at the other two apps you mention, but i just want to view and organise! something like adobe bridge...

wishfull thinking i guess

adrian
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:19:50 pm by adrian tyler »

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »

>>> i dislike the way it organises my file structure - or rather i prefer to do that myself.

Maybe LR has changed since you last looked at it - LR lets you put your files wherever you like, it does not mandate any particular folder structure.

Kevin

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:14 pm »

I too purchased an Ipad2  (since my dell xps motherboard crashed)

In my Canon I shoot with too cards (cf and SD card)  one with raw the other (sd) with jpgs.   I then take the sd card insert into the (attachment that you purchase extra) sd slot that fits into the Ipad2     You can upload all or part of what is on the card to the camera roll.   then do slideshows or whatever from the camera roll (make a separate folder for your images on the camera roll).

I do use lightroom so will keep the card (and upload to a hyperdrive 500gb  drive for backup)  for upload to lightroom when I get back to the computer.

I am a new user for the Ipad so I am sure there might be other routes to explore?
Pages: [1]   Go Up