Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aquaseen  (Read 4460 times)

Matt S

Aquaseen
« on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:43 am »

Hey all,
I am really new to this forum but must say that it is really a great place to share and gain knowledge. I have been working on a site for some time now and today it was finally finished. So I invite you all to view the images, Read the blogs etc and let me know what you think. http://aquaseen.com/

If I have placed this in the wrong spot don't hesitate to move .

Cheers Matt Shepherd

francois

Re: Aquaseen
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:39:38 am »

Matt,
I didn't spend much time with your new website but I have to say that I like it a lot. Navigation is very simple, loading time is fairly quick and image size is well big enough to get an idea .

But, I have a problem displaying images with Safari on my Mac (Mac OS X 10.7.2), see screenshot (FireFox vs Safari). It must be relatively easy to correct.

Francois

Matt S

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:22:00 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.
I will look into that  :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 06:47:14 pm »

I am really new to this forum but must say that it is really a great place to share and gain knowledge. I have been working on a site for some time now and today it was finally finished. So I invite you all to view the images, Read the blogs etc and let me know what you think. http://aquaseen.com/
I think it's an excellent site, with some lovely images - and the arrow keys work! (Sites which don't respect the arrow keys are a bugbear of mine.)

If I have a couple of criticisms, they're that the black "view <photoname>" button-type thing which appears underneath the large version of an image is pointless, since it seems (Safari, OS10.6) to do nothing at all and conveys no useful information; and that in gallery view, blanking out the entire photograph on mouseover (to show the name) is ugly and unnecessary.

Unlike François, I have no problem with viewing your site in Safari; but I see he's using Lion.

Jeremy

Matt S

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:55 pm »

Thanks for your input. I agree with your points and will see what other responses I get to the issues that you have brought up.

Eric Kellerman

• Eric Kellerman Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:52:34 am »

I'm running OSX 10.6.7 and I also have the narrow photo problem alluded to in François' post.

Very pretty site, Matt!

mediumcool

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 07:47:51 pm »

Hi Matt.

Your site has no doctype declared (and has a lot of broken stuff when validated online). It doesn’t seem to play well with small-screen devices (I tested it on a couple of online iPhone simulators); we must all be aware of small-screen devices if we want the widest audience possible. From the 1024 x 600 net-book screen size to the much smaller phone screens.

I’d describe the site as good photography “stiffly” presented.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Matt S

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 11:17:01 pm »

Cheers for the heads up. I will tell this to my programer after the mad holidays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up