Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunset Storm  (Read 1115 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Sunset Storm
« on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

Dramatic scenery around here and it seems we also get the dramatic weather to go with it.

Hope you like.

Dave

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Sunset Storm
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:45:52 pm »

Wow - spectacular clouds and lighting.

In the original, is there still detail below the clouds on the right? Also, try brightening the small clouds above the horizon int he middle and left. That might add even more drama and 3-dimensionality.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »

Great clouds indeed.  And what Terry offered would certainly be worth a try.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:47:27 pm »

Wow - spectacular clouds and lighting.

In the original, is there still detail below the clouds on the right? Also, try brightening the small clouds above the horizon int he middle and left. That might add even more drama and 3-dimensionality.

Hi Both,

Yes I am sure I could push it a tad more and forgive me for saying, but I think I prefer it like this really, I am not saying it is perfect, far from it, but I sort of like the impenetrable darkness of the torrential rain falling to the right of the image and the subtle light glowing under the clouds to the left, but I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind if the print looks like it needs more work - thanks.

I am going to print and mount this on a fairly large canvas (40 in wide) and think or at least hope, that those subtleties you mention, when made large, will work on a grander scale much better than the small web image shown here - I am not disagreeing with either of you here, but for me knowing when to stop pushing an image, can be almost as difficult as capturing the scene in the first place. I see a lot of images these days, that have been thrashed to within an inch of their lives, that would have been excellent if only that last push of the slider had not taken place. But as I say, I am not disagreeing with you and I will definitely have a go at what you suggest if needed, but I am going to see how this version when printed looks like first I think.

all the best and thanks again

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up