Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aptus22 does not work on battery  (Read 2153 times)

Peter Devos

Aptus22 does not work on battery
« on: December 19, 2011, 04:30:08 pm »

Hi, i just got an Aptus22 back for use on my H1 and Hartblei HB1. The problem is that the back works fine tethered and with the powersupply via the FW port. Unfortunately i can not get it to work on the battery. Does someone know a solution.....
Best, Peter.

ced

Re: Aptus22 does not work on battery
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:48:00 pm »

Peter does it work when not on the camera ie. can you check your settings and format a CF card etc. and is it set for the correct camera type?

Peter Devos

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 05:20:08 pm »

Yep, all has been done but with the powersupply connected. Battery works fine on my other Aptus22, just this one does not want to power up. >:(

dizzyg44

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »

after everything you mentioned....

check the battery contacts on the back make sure they aren't dirty/corroded/bent/damaged

if corroded, white vinegar is good for neutralizing and cleaning it off.

Other than that, it'll need to go in for service

dizzyg44

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »

Also, are the batteries 3rd party?

I've had some cheapy no name amazon.com crap batteries that fit poorly on my back and it would shut off if wiggled.  Try a new battery?

Peter Devos

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »

No, battery is perfect, original and working on my other Aptus. Contacts are clean also. :-\

Peter Devos

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 06:43:10 pm »

I tried to tether the back to LC11.x.x but that did not work. On LC10 on a G5 computer i shot the great Leaf Quality images with no problem at all. Shooting, or even connecting the back in  LC11 on an Imac I7 27inch did faill. So at the moment the back only shoots to the CF card when using the power supply (12v on the FW plug) and tethered to LC10. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:35 pm »

From somewhere reputable with warranty and a guarantee I hope? Service on older backs like this is often hard to swallow cost wise (i.e. the price of repair would have made sense when bought new - at new prices).

Hopefully you can return or otherwise recoup if it proves to be the back itself.

Checklist for "just plain won't boot from battery" (as you've stated already you've tried most of this)
- Contact Cleanliness (grime/grit)
- Make 200% sure that the battery itself is fully charged and a good battery (try a 2nd and 3rd battery where available, use only leaf provided batteries, try to use a recently purchased one rather than one that has been used a lot or has been sitting on a shelf a long time)
- Check firmware version by shooting tethered to latest version of C1 or LC
- Make 200% sure you're pushing and holding the button firmly (sounds stupid I know, but there just isn't that much to double check when it just plain won't boot from the battery)

Powered hub may be needed with an iMac as the amount of power on Apple's prosumer firewire ports is not as sufficient/constant as the power produced on the G4/G5 on the basis of which the Aptus series was initially developed.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Peter Devos

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 02:21:03 pm »

Problem solved. It seems the former owner was doing a firmware upgrade and aborted it before the updat was finished. Now after installing the last possible firmware for the Aptus22, the back simply works perfect. I am really happy now.  ;) :) :D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up