Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my Canon iPF6300 is consistently printing too small and borderless is a no go  (Read 1621 times)

photographyK

Hi everyone,

I've registered to this forum after searching and lurking for a while, but now I really needed to ask something.

I have a Canon iPF6300 and I'm mainly using the iPF print plugin in combination with Photoshop to print. Whenever I print, my prints are always smaller than intended.

I use the print plugin... use roll paper and set a custom paper size the same as my print should be, then I tick the box scaling -> 100% and always the print is too small.

When I tick borderless printing when I want to print borderless, it doesn't. This is with the extra spacer plate installed and using a paper that allows borderless printing.

I have tried messing with settings and what not but I cannot get it right.

Anyone have tips, or maybe questions I can answer so you know what to tell me? I'm starting to get desperate and I have the feeling that it's just a minor detail I'm overlooking. Help greatly appreciated!

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography

Screen shots of your plug-in dialogue boxes would really help. I don't recall any image reduction/enlargement setting in the plug-in, so it should import your image at 100%.

Using roll paper, you still have to specify a "page" size. This must match the width of your roll paper. For example, if you have 24" wide roll installed, then your page size should be something like 24"x36".

If your print is smaller than that, you simply specify your image placement within that page. Usually it's 0.25 from the top edge (for a small white border), and centered within the width of your roll. Turn on "conserve paper", and all should print correctly.
~ CB

KatManDEW

I've been doing borderless 16x24's and 24x36's with my iPF6300 using Qimage. I haven't tried the plug-in yet. As Chris mentioned, I created custom paper sizes. Let me know if you want screen shots of my driver setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up