Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to build a 7 color profile for a RIP  (Read 13545 times)

MonsterBaby

Re: How to build a 7 color profile for a RIP
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »

@ tyler. thanks .. yeah i have the platinum edition.. i guess that is a difference then. like i said i can ajust curves for the spot colors, and move a slider for how many hues and saturation i want to include the spot colors.

@digital dog... what is your idea of investment ? and why that?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 06:51:52 pm »

@digital dog... what is your idea of investment ? and why that?

The investment in a RIP or 3rd party driver that could use that profile. And the investment in your time. Again, what’s the point of doing this kind of profile? What do you expect to achieve?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 07:34:18 pm »

well actually the difference between Gold and Platinum is the ability to do more than 4 color CMYK at all. So the controls are not there anyway.. sounds like the controls you have are pretty much what they moved forward into i1Profiler, which I do use for 6 color.. one small point that may be applicable it you get very far into it... those controls do little to nothing if you have "intellegent" checked... Took me months, nearly a year, of no response from Xrite to find that out.

MonsterBaby

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »

@digitaldog.. sorry.. dont mean to be rude.. but have you actually read anything in that thread?? ??? ... hmmm

thats a good point tyler.. i kind of guessed something like that.. at least i couldnt guess what it was doing.. so i will make sure i have that turned off.. ;-)

right now i am getting pretty good gradients.. the only thing that is weird is a bum in the green.. it gets muddy around L 60.. not sure how i can effect that..

and the black sometimes gets blacker at 90% than 100%.. depending on how far i go with the black gen.. up to 90 - 100

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »

@digitaldog.. sorry.. dont mean to be rude.. but have you actually read anything in that thread?? ??? ... hmmm

Yup, from other color experts who pretty much say, stick with an RGB driver workflow... Post #8.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MonsterBaby

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 05:12:52 am »

"The investment in a RIP or 3rd party driver that could use that profile."

the whole question is about how to build a profile for a RIP. we precisely talked about me using the wasatch RIP and a Z3200. and YOU recomend me to buy a RIP that can use that profile?.. that doesnt make sense.  ::)

and the recomendation to stick with the RGB workflow for the third time is also a very interesting point to answer a question.

its like someone asking: i would like to climb on top of a mountain. i have the fitness and the equipment there are just 2 spots along the track where i like recomendations. and you say: hey just take the cable up.. its easier..!

just because 3 people tell me to take the cable doesnt neither answer my questions about the track nor does it help me to get the beautiful pictures from the WAY up the mountain. everyone can take the table and take a picture from the top!.. but i want a portfolio of my trip.

and yes. you are right. it is easier to take the cable. BUT I DONT WANT TO...  :-*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up