Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experience Sinar M System Camera  (Read 4444 times)

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Experience Sinar M System Camera
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:56:38 am »

Did/Has anyone had any experience with this system? it looks rather interesting and I can't find anything about it anywhere....also do you know if you can use PhaseOne backs / film backs with it? thanks,
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

Peter Devos

Re: Experience Sinar M System Camera
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:25 pm »

Hi Brian, the M is a special camera. It is designed for use with Sinar backs/software only. It is the software that triggers the camera/back combo and connections between camera and back are Sinar only.... However, if you can find the trigger signal contacts, you can use all backs as long as they have a Sinar-M mount :-)

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 02:57:10 pm »

I have 2 Sinar m and a week ago I buyed a Phase One IQ160. I have a Sinar/Mamiya-Adapter. I tested the combo yesterday with flashlight and it works fine. The Sinar m has the same mount as the sinar p3, this is the 100 mm x 100 mm plate.

You sync the IQ-Back with the flash sync cable on the sinar m. I am waiting for a wake up cable, so at the moment I have to press the release button of the sinar m two times.

The big advantage of the sinar m is:
- it has a live view button that opens the shutter and the aperture in only one operation. Then you start live view on the IQ-Back.
- you have no electronic box dangling from the sinar p3 like on the sinar/rodenstock eShutter
- you don't have to open/close the aperture and shutter for live view with mouseklicks on the laptop or with the iPhone like on the sinar/rodenstock eShutter
- for changing from landscape to portrait position you turn the sinar m on the the sinar p3 and the back stays at the sinar m, so no dust can get in

One disadvantage:
- the back is 9 mm back from the original position of the sensor of the sinarback, so you have not the right tilt/swing axis
- but on all other view cameras you have the same problem
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:10:43 pm by Christopher Arnoldi »

Peter Devos

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 03:02:29 pm »

problem will be using the AF lenses as the back is 9 mm backwards. I am still in doubt weather to sell the M with 80mm since i dont have the viewfinder anymore or just keep it and maybe use it on my P camera. >:(

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:06:03 pm »

okay, with the AF lenses and the Sinar m the IQ 160 doesn't work. But why not use the Phase One 645DF with this back. That's the better option.

lance_schad

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 03:46:01 pm »

To alleviate having to perform the two-shot method with the IQ160, just set the back to Zero Latency.

Lance
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 08:47:02 pm »

I use, and love my 645DF with my IQ180, currently working on my review of it for my website, and it is currently my favorite camera, I actually was interested in the Sinar M as a film camera, since it looked like it has really nice functionality and great optics, I read here : http://www.viewcamera.com/pdf/newcameras_2.pdf about being able to use film backs, I was wondering what kind of film backs these would be?

Digital was more of an after thought, since I have the back anyway, why not have the option to use it....

anyone know what they go for on the used market without a DB? Since I believe its not made anymore...thanks...
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up