Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on CFV 39 ...  (Read 1621 times)

paul25

Question on CFV 39 ...
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:56:03 am »

How do you find out the actuation number on the back?
Canon 1Ds Mk II, 200/1.8L
Leica M240 Lei

design_freak

Re: Question on CFV 39 ...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:05:16 am »

Put into formated cf card and take a picture. The name of the picture give you information. But anyway it could be wrong. If somebody have several DB, and use the same cf cards. It is possible to infect your nerly new DB with counter from your hard used DB.... Enjoy :)
Best regards,
DF

paul25

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:10:29 am »

So there is no other way to find out the actual actuation of the back independant of using CF card?
Canon 1Ds Mk II, 200/1.8L
Leica M240 Lei

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:49:25 pm »

The file number on the image doesn't tell you anything much. My back was already in big numbers when I bought it new.

PS There will be a way of doing it, you can bet. The Hasselblad Service centres will be able to interrogate the back via the firewire port and pull out all sorts of data, I am sure.

J
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:34:33 pm by John R Smith »
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

KimD

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:59 pm »

Put into formated cf card and take a picture. The name of the picture give you information. But anyway it could be wrong. If somebody have several DB, and use the same cf cards. It is possible to infect your nerly new DB with counter from your hard used DB.... Enjoy :)

This method is invalid as the file name changes depending on the files already on the CF card.
If images exists on the CF card the next image will be +1 of last image assuming the file number counter < than file on CF card.

Take it to your retailer they will be able to view the actual amount of exposures.

design_freak

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »

This method is invalid as the file name changes depending on the files already on the CF card.
If images exists on the CF card the next image will be +1 of last image assuming the file number counter < than file on CF card.

Take it to your retailer they will be able to view the actual amount of exposures.

It;s not my problem :-) But yes I agree. If you use CF card in your H3D and you have k100 actuation, and put the same card to your CFV (new), your CFV will have 100 001 actuations :-)
Best regards,
DF
Pages: [1]   Go Up