Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Paper vs Breathing Color EVP  (Read 1238 times)

artiste

Epson Paper vs Breathing Color EVP
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »

I have a Canon ipf5000. I've been using 17" width rolls of Breathing Color's Elegance Velvet for a long time, but am fed up with the amount of dirt and defects on the paper. Half the time when I open a new box the inside of the protective sleeve looks like a snowglobe. I brush and blow on the paper before I print, (I've even tried vaccuuming it!) but I still get, on average, 3 ruined prints for every 1 that is saleable. Those little white flakes stick to the surface like glue....until you print it...and then fall off, leaving a white chip that ruins the image.

I was thinking of switching to Epson's Cold Press Bright in the roll. Does anyone have problems with flaking, chipping or dirt on Epson 17" wide rolls? It's the closest in appearance to BC's EVP that I have found.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Epson Paper vs Breathing Color EVP
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 04:00:50 pm »

We've used quite a bit of Epson Cold and Hot press paper in rolls on an 11880 with good success. We get an occasional flake, but take no preventive measures when printing  - faster and more efficient just to reprint the odd image that ends up with a white spot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up