Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cfv 39 for reproduction of 6x7 color positive film  (Read 1463 times)

jaisfoto

cfv 39 for reproduction of 6x7 color positive film
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »

Hello,

I've got a job for reproduction of more than 1000 color slide film (6x7).
but i don't have much time until the deadline and the price is a bit low.
so i'll try a repro shooting(1:2) with my hasselblad cfv39&silvestri flexicam&Rodie digaron 70mm HR. especially, the rodie 70mm will arrive in the next week from store. So, i have to prepare the shooting in waiting for the lens in order to save the times.

1. do you think that this material combination work well for 40x50cm/360dpi/8bits? of coarse, i don't expect the same quality as high end scanner like imacon.

2. What kind of light source will be best choice? just view box(normicht) or flash with acrylic panel ?

if you have any experiences like this kind of work, could you share them with me. it'd be a very big help for me.

Thank you in advance.

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Re: cfv 39 for reproduction of 6x7 color positive film
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:49:24 pm »

could have issues with flaring with the light source around the edges of the film, make sure that the light is only behind the film....just an idea...
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

Nick-T

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:00 pm »

I have done this before and would suggest using flash through acrylic to avoid any vibrations from long exposure. I would make up a jig as wide as the film to feed the roll through if uncut and a hinged black frame to kill stray light and keep the film flat.

Sounds like a lot of fun :)
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:47:26 am »

You can find lots of slide copiers in different camera mounts on ebay that will take that size film and most of them have the white acrylic and a bellows shade.   I opted for a slightly more expensive bowens illumitran slide copier.  These have carriers for the different sized slides and negatives from the minox up to 4x5 film sheets and a built in flash unit underneath.   I've used my CF-ii 39ms and AFi-ii12 successfully to copy thousands of slides and negatives this way. I can tell you this will work fine to get the image 'scan' and quite a bit faster once you are set up than any scanner would do.     The bigger issue is managing color, and with negatives handling the inversion.  A lot of the scanning programs like Silverfast, Vuescan, and DigitalROC had sort of color maps for different film types and could get you very close or even restore faded colors.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:35:10 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up