Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New GH2 firmware adds 25p and 30p (region specific) + other features  (Read 2464 times)

John Schweikert

---
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:52:12 am by John-S »

fredjeang

Re: New GH2 firmware adds 25p and 30p (region specific) + other features
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:54:03 pm »

Finally the 25p !

It's better late than never.

I also found an understandable link from the Bloom's web to hack it at 100mb/s

here: http://osgfilms.com/hack-the-panasonic-gh2

ps; it's safer IMO to wait a week or 2 before hacking because of this important firware and see if there are conflicts. (in other words, let the techs beta test)

ps2: scan disk extreme pro are needed and files are huge but it's like the Alexa!! and the audio at 440.000bps be carefull, it won't play in camera for review, only in computer.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:08:58 am by fredjeang »

fredjeang

Re: New GH2 firmware adds 25p and 30p (region specific) + other features
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:39 am »

A note that might be of interest:

I've been warned that there is a big worldwide piracy on the scan disk extreme. Make sure you got a legal product, specially if you buy over internet.

Then, they might be issues with the Sandisk SDHC Extreme PRO UHS-I, in fact the only camera to date that can take full advantage of this new "standard" is the Nikon D7000.
But things are not as simple because a quick search in internet showed that users have different experiences with the hacked GH2,
for some this card works well, for others it does not and they recommend to stick with the 30MB version.
(I suspect that a sound bit-rate setting might cause a prob or it simply could be that their cards aren't legal)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:15:56 am by fredjeang »
Pages: [1]   Go Up