Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper replacement for Harmon Crystaljet gloss RC  (Read 1099 times)

Raymond Bleesz

Paper replacement for Harmon Crystaljet gloss RC
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »

I have always been partial to Ilford papers (silver gelatin prints) & when I went digital I thought the Harmon Crystaljet gloss RC was an adequate 'proofing" paper for my needs as I ultimately printed on Harmon Pro Gloss FB Al paper or the Harmon Pro gloss Baryta by Hahnemuhle for my final fine art prints.

Now, I'm told that the Harmon Crystaljet gloss RC papers are no longer available (I also liked this as I was able to purchase a box of 250 sheets, 8x10's.

So, if your into Harmon, Ilford papers (Hahnemuhle) what alternatives might you suggest, preferable in boxes of 100 to 250 sheets, to replace the Crystaljet rc paper?----Keeping in mind, the qualities for which Ilford, Harmon have always been known for.  Or perhaps you have a totally different take & might suggest something new.

Thank you for your input---Raymond

RHPS

Re: Paper replacement for Harmon Crystaljet gloss RC
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:17:05 am »

The Crystaljet paper has been replaced by Crystaljet Elite. Like you I use Harman Gloss Baryta for serious prints, but I use the Elite luster version for "everyday" prints and I find it OK.                                         
Pages: [1]   Go Up