Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpa 12 STC Camera - "100 Best Things In The World"  (Read 4299 times)

TH_Alpa

Alpa 12 STC Camera - "100 Best Things In The World"
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:33:00 pm »

FYI

100 Best Things In The World

I am aware that it may start a "war" of negative comments, I still think it is nice and fits among the other products.

Thierry
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:01:33 pm by TH_Alpa »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Alpa 12 STC Camera - "100 Best Things In The World"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:09:18 pm »

This One at £200 looks like #1 to me :D (just imagine buying one for your Panasonic LX-5...havoc!!!)

But it's nice to see that they've got one motorbike, one bicycle and the awesome looking Alfa Romeo 4c listed!
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:25 pm »

Nah, I don't think you'll start a negative comments war. It's a great camera, no getting around that. I know I want to add one to my kit...

I'm surprised they didn't do something like the SWA or WA, since I think they may be more aesthetically pleasing......
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:28:02 pm »

Alpa's are cool, but I think it was the coolness of the iPhone viewfinder adaptor that got them all excited - bet they haven't even taken a picture with one.

So are they in order? do they really the the only thing in the world cooler than an Alpa camera is a Burberry Trench coat?

Graham Welland

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 05:30:45 pm »

The order seems to change depending upon your web navigation. I got distracted at the Victoria's Secret entry.  :P
Graham

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 03:28:45 pm »

Well, for things to carry that might make one feel sexy: in the 70s it was a heavy leather camera bag with a big, shiny Hasselblad sticker and some smaller Bahamas ones... in the 70s I was enough for me to imagine I was sexy! ;-) The bag still survives, but as for myself, I'm not sure.

From the Top 100 options we've been given, only two, and both Italian: No7, the Riva Iseo which, even as a present, would give me more financial logistical problems than I could cope with; No73, the Alfa 4C which would indeed find a welcome home with me, and I could actually keep it in the mode to which I'm sure it would like to be accustomed!

(Thinking of the Alfa, maybe it's to replace that tiny Fiat gem, the X1/9, which was beautiful but underpowered and made from sardine tins.)

The rest? Fanciful  but not for me.

Rob C  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:31:50 pm by Rob C »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:25:01 pm »

Congrats, Thierry!!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »

Well, for things to carry that might make one feel sexy: in the 70s it was a heavy leather camera bag with a big, shiny Hasselblad sticker and some smaller Bahamas ones... in the 70s I was enough for me to imagine I was sexy! ;-) The bag still survives, but as for myself, I'm not sure.
Rob C  

Found this shot taken some years ago.

Also found that, on putting into the computer some shots I did a couple of days ago, they have been magically changed into jpegs instead of the NEFs that I always shoot. That isn't very nice; I hope it doesn't become a habit. The problem's in camera, because they are identified on the rear screen as jpegs too... how odd; must be the gremlins coming to visit again. Probably have to start chimping, too, just to be sure.

;-(

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:58:36 am by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up