Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 and matte black  (Read 1422 times)

macgriz

Epson 4900 and matte black
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:15:58 pm »

I recently updated from the 4880 to the 4900 for the ability to print on fine art papers, I am trying to print on Epson Water color radiant white out of photoshop. When I get to the print menu...I can select Epson watercolor profile (matte black) and have selected photoshop manages color but when I go to print settings,media is grayed out as well as matte black. I have changed to matte black on the printer and have updated printer firmware and lasted driver. Need advice as what to do next. Thanks in advance.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Epson 4900 and matte black
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:15:04 pm »

...but when I go to print settings,media is grayed out as well as matte black.

Certain papers can only be selected when you set the correct paper path...you'll need to use either the front or back manual feed. I think Radiant White can do either...some need the back feed.

macgriz

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:51:22 pm »

Thank you, I appreciate the help.....can't wait to get to the studio tomorrow to try it!

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »

I recently updated from the 4880 to the 4900 for the ability to print on fine art papers, I am trying to print on Epson Water color radiant white out of photoshop. When I get to the print menu...I can select Epson watercolor profile (matte black) and have selected photoshop manages color but when I go to print settings,media is grayed out as well as matte black. I have changed to matte black on the printer and have updated printer firmware and lasted driver. Need advice as what to do next. Thanks in advance.

I believe that it's greyed out because Matte black is the only option and it's not letting you change that since you have the printer set with matte black ink.  You should be good to go.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up