Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax 645D & Cable release question  (Read 4320 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Pentax 645D & Cable release question
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:42:00 pm »

I usually use the histogram after exposure to make sure I got it right. I usually shoot hand held with a monopod. Today I used a tripod, and mirror lock up, because I wanted slow shutter speed to slightly blur breaking waves. I discovered that with the cable release plugged in, there was no image replay with histogram. It would not play back either. If I made a shot, then unplugged the cable release, the replay with histogram came up, no problem. Is this normal? BTW the cable release is a generic release, not the Pentax brand. Thanks in advance.

Dave G in NJ

theguywitha645d

Re: Pentax 645D & Cable release question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 06:13:37 pm »

Dave, I don't have an answer, but I would encourage you to get the Pentax weatherproof IR remote. It is so much more convenient in the field and there is no playback issue--yes, it will work with MLU. I put a lanyard on it and hang it around my neck.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »

Dave, I don't have an answer, but I would encourage you to get the Pentax weatherproof IR remote. It is so much more convenient in the field and there is no playback issue--yes, it will work with MLU. I put a lanyard on it and hang it around my neck.
Thank you! Great idea....I will order one tomorrow!
Dave

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »

I went to B&H site and also Pentax Store. There are TWO remotes: The Weather Proof Remote Control WP ($29.95 list price), and the Remote Control F ($33 list). It is not clear which one (or both) will work with 645D. If both work, what are the pros & cons of each? Pentax site is very unclear about what works with what. Can you help again? Much appreciated!
Dave

Radu Arama

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:53 am »

I went to B&H site and also Pentax Store. There are TWO remotes: The Weather Proof Remote Control WP ($29.95 list price), and the Remote Control F ($33 list). It is not clear which one (or both) will work with 645D. If both work, what are the pros & cons of each? Pentax site is very unclear about what works with what. Can you help again? Much appreciated!
Dave

Hi Dave!

You need the WP remote:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/accessories/Remote_Control_WP#!product-highlights

The F model is an older one not weather proofed and with a single button (shutter release).

Radu

theguywitha645d

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 07:36:09 am »

+1 The model is O-RC1.

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:14:57 am »

All of the remotes work equally well. Get the cheapest one you can lay your hands on. And maybe get two since they are very easy to misplace. 

This is a brilliant accessory and a must for all 645D owners.

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

theguywitha645d

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:28:42 am »

Correct me if I am wrong Nick, but I think it is only the O-RC1, the weatherproof model, that you can activate AF on a separate button on the remote. So far I have not found the Fn button on the remote to do anything with the 645D.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:26 am »

Thanks all. I will order it today!
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up