Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intimate Landscape  (Read 1924 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Intimate Landscape
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »

Last one for a while (maybe..) as a rather lengthy snagging list has now been presented to me, whereby decorating, plumbing and shelve building etc, are more important than wandering about taking pictures and enjoying myself apparently - ho hum..

all the best

Dave

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Intimate Landscape
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:53:16 am »

I love your photography, Dave, perhaps because it is so similar to my own, just an ocean apart!

This mountain stream is wonderful. Like the Snowline photo, though, I think it can be "opened up" a bit as well. By increasing the Fill Light, more liveliness would be introduced to the shadows and mid-tones giving it a little more sparkle. I would also explore brightening the shadowed areas of the stream just slightly so as not to affect the highlights. This can be done with the Tone Curve using the Lights adjustment. Even +10 might be enough.

Hope this helps.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Intimate Landscape
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:19:25 pm »

I think it can be "opened up" a bit as well. By increasing the Fill Light, more liveliness would be introduced to the shadows and mid-tones giving it a little more sparkle.

Well great minds think alike, because I did exactly that last night while playing with the full sized version on my main computer, how weird - You don't happen to wear half an amulet around your neck that matches this one I am wearing do you?   ;)

all the best

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up