Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe cs5 help needed.  (Read 22138 times)

SeanBK

Adobe cs5 help needed.
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:21:00 am »

I realise that this is ACR, but I have a question for Photoshop CS5, I don't know where to post it, so my apologies.
  I just had a surgery in my one eye & is difficult to see, so I need to increase the size of tabs in cs5. Is there any way I could achieve it. Only alternate I have is to use magnifying glass from widget, but one needs to turn it off, as soon as selection is made, kinda slows down the process. I do use 30" monitor, so the tabs are rather small.
  I hope I make sense & thanks in advance for any & all suggestions. :-[

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: Adobe cs5 help needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:41:01 pm »

Preferences, General, UI Font Size

SeanBK

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:51 am »

Thank you very much. I followed your suggestion but it did not increase, not that much, if any. But thanks for the reply, that allowed me to think & change the resolution of my monitor from 2560x1600 to 1920x1200 that did help my size of tabs somewhat. Anything is better than changing my persona to 'Panama Jack'. ::)

JackS

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:33:08 am »

You might try using your operating system font size settings.

In Windows preferences I set my fathers fonts to 150 percent and higher, this affected all software. Not sure how apple does it. Also changed the monitor resolution, that made a big difference.

Some software does not handle larger font size well, you'll have to play with it. If does not help it's easy to set back where you started.

Jack
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:35:18 am by JackS »

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 12:02:04 pm »

Ah yes if you are running at 2560 not much you do with fonts will make a diff - you simply need to run a smaller res, or get a larger monitor.

Steve Bingham

• Dustylens.com
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 09:53:45 am »

Sean, I have the same problem - somewhat. I use a 27" monitor and have settled on 1600 x 1024 screen size. I could go even lower but this seems to work fine, even with all the PP work I do. I see no real need to use the maximum resolution as I can instantly zoom into the image using my mouse wheel. In preferences you can set the wheel to the zoom function (for PS CS5 only). I usually print 16 x 24 inch on 17 x 25 inch paper and sometimes much higher. I do not find the lower resolution a handicap. I also use prescription glasses set for the monitor distance. This really helps!

alaske

• health tips
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 10:17:47 am »

if you are running at 2560 not much you do with fonts will make a diff - you simply need to run a smaller res, or get a larger monitor.
yee,it's the point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up