Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibrating NEC PA301W with Spectraview 2 and Macbook Air 11"  (Read 3165 times)

Jason_Newton

Calibrating NEC PA301W with Spectraview 2 and Macbook Air 11"
« on: December 02, 2011, 06:02:40 am »

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up the NEC PA PA301W and while I'm waiting for a new desktop machine, I'd like to calibrate it correctly with the Spectraview 2 Software. However, I've heard there were issues using it with 10.7 Lion. Have these been resolved since Lion's release. I'm also wary of using the Macbook Air to do this? Are there any compatibility problems?

Kind Regards

howardm

Re: Calibrating NEC PA301W with Spectraview 2 and Macbook Air 11"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:59:55 am »

does the 11" actually have the video output sufficient to drive the 30" ?

Maybe user 'willh' (who is the NEC marketing manager for Spectraview) will chime in w/ answers. 
What 'issues' have you heard re: Spectraview & Lion ?

Jason_Newton

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:19 am »

I'd heard that Profiles could not be saved in Lion.

Regards

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »

Regards

If you weren't able to save profiles I'm pretty sure there would be a thread about 1000 posts long at the top of this forum and the ColorSync List would have exploded. :)  Just profile it. If it works it works, if not, give NEC a shout. If the Air has an integrated Intel graphics card you may run into issues with DDC. If that's the case, simply hook up a USB cable to the monitor. Note that if you're using a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, you need one that is capable of dual link DVI to handle the PA301W.

As Howard mentioned, WillH is also a great source of information but there's no harm in trying it if you already have everything you need. It will either work, or it won't.

Cheers, Joe

howardm

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »

I wonder if that is related to the 'invisibility' of the Library folder(s) in Lion which is really just that, Apple
just made that invisible from the GUI (still there though from the Terminal or you can make it visible again)
since profiles live in /Library/ColorSync/........ or /Users/you/Library/..........

Regards

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:58 pm »

I'm using 301W with Lion, and yes the issue is accessibility to the system level library/colorsync folders.  Spectravision has an option to save the profiles to the users library colorsync folder instead of the system wide folder, and that does work.

As far as a 30" display you may have to use the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter to get the full resolution of the display.

sydlow

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 01:37:19 am »

You can also use a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. Cheaper and tidier than the dual link cable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up