Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FRUSTATED  (Read 9563 times)

rollsman44

FRUSTATED
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:30:56 pm »

I have tried just about everything to download the Raw images from My Mamiya 645 AFD11 and Leaf Aptus 22 Back. I was able to get Leaf Capture 11.2.4. I can copy my images from my CF card to a New folder on my desktop. The problem is I am trying to get the Raw images to LR ver 2.7 It will not accept these images that I am trying to Import. If I convert the Raw to Jpg in LC it will go into LR. But I want Raw to go in so I can make my adjustments from Raw file and Not jpg. I just purchased this MFD system That I waited a LOOOONG time to get. Now I cant do anything. At this point I am willing to buy another Computer( newer one) and with software that I can upload with No problems. I now have a Power Mac G5 ver. 10.4.11 Is there a REASONABLE one I can buy for my purpose? I only shoot some portraits and some group shots and HOBBY. I do have an Ext HD 1 Tera. I dont need a lot of HD memory for my purpose. I want to be able to use C1 pro 6.0 to PP my images.
Please advise as to my Best and Most economical way to do it. Thanks, rollsman

ixania2

Re: FRUSTATED
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:42:12 pm »

I think, lr 2.7 doesnt support aptus 22. Upgrade to lr 3!

rollsman44

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »

If I am not mistaken LR3 is Not able to download on my OLDER ver of OSX and /or Intel Not G5.  thank you

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »

If I am not mistaken LR3 is Not able to download on my OLDER ver of OSX and /or Intel Not G5.  thank you

You'll need to download the free DNG Converter version 6.4 (not 6.5 as it no longer supports PPC cpus). You will then convert the Leaf 22 raw files to DNG files to import into LR 2.7.

rollsman44

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »

Thank you. I will try it and get back to you. Hope this works

rollsman44

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:44 pm »

Thank you so much. IT worked and fast too. rollsman

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 01:18:47 am »

Not a big deal perhaps but if you convert to dng you lose the ability to use a lens cal file. I prefer to visit LC and output a usable file to LR after applying the lens cal file. Perhaps this is only an issue with technical cameras when using movements.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 02:26:31 am »

You have all the different options covered here

No need for new Mac and no need to buy anything

Or you can call your dealer and ask them to guide you through it

Enjoy you new kit!
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 11:38:10 am »

Just learned yesterday that you can use those files in capture one, couldn't you download the demo of C1 (if you don't have it) and process them through there and then put them into LR, since you can export a straight DNG from C1....
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

rollsman44

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 12:16:23 pm »

C1 requires an Intel and OSX 10.5 and above. I will check again to be sure and get back to you. Thank you . rollsman

rollsman44

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:28 pm »

I found a download from C1 version 4.1.1 that is compatible with my OSX 10.4.11 system. I will try it when I get home from work today and get back to you. Thank you.
    Just a question: Some other photographers mentioned that if I get a NEWER computer system Intel and get the newer OSX 10.5, 10.6. or 10.7 that I will be able to get the BEST image quality from MFD camera and back. Is that possible?  Thanks,  rollsman

Brian Hirschfeld

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 12:59:02 pm »

My last two computers have been Macbook Pro 17" when they released speed updates I get them fully loaded 8GB RAM, fastest processor, biggest SSD, and I have a MacPro tower with 30" Apple Screen and 16GB RAM and so on....I don't think that it inherently makes your images better, but having a faster computer, that can do more, or not even more, but things faster...and you don't have to wait (as long) for things to happen, it allows you to let ideas flow more freely into your work, which in turn can yield better images...I honestly think that having a computer that can easily handle your files is something you owe yourself if you have a mfdb....

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 12:59:18 pm »

Just a question: Some other photographers mentioned that if I get a NEWER computer system Intel and get the newer OSX 10.5, 10.6. or 10.7 that I will be able to get the BEST image quality from MFD camera and back. Is that possible?  Thanks,  rollsman

Yes...the current versions of Camera Raw, Lightroom and Capture One _ARE_ more capable of improving the raw processing of the same file when compared to previous versions. That's a fact.

Brian Hirschfeld

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

Yes...the current versions of Camera Raw, Lightroom and Capture One _ARE_ more capable of improving the raw processing of the same file when compared to previous versions. That's a fact.

Oh I didn't think of it like that, thats true I agree with that as well as what I said...

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 01:36:28 pm »

I found a download from C1 version 4.1.1 that is compatible with my OSX 10.4.11 system. I will try it when I get home from work today and get back to you. Thank you.

Note that support for Leaf files was introduced with version 5.0 so you can save yourself some time and skip 4.1.1

As my previous post suggests, you have some zero cost options available right now that will get you started and if you later on fee the need to spend money and to possibly get better/ faster results then nobody is going to stop you:-)
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

rollsman44

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

I want to thank you all for your guidance and recommendations. I will go to Apple and see how much it will cost me to get up to date. Thank you all.   rollsman

JohnTodd

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 04:00:56 pm »

Rollsman,

As it hasn't been mentioned above, are you also aware of the difference between compressed and uncompressed .mos files from your Aptus? I went through much of the same pain as you with PS/RAW because it can only open uncompressed .mos files, and C1 will only do LCC on compressed ones :-(

John

rollsman44

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 05:48:44 pm »

I am still confused. Can you tell me HOW to do it ? I am NOT that savvy when it comes to something I dont know so well. I appreciate your help.

rollsman44

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

These were my FIRST shots I took with MY New MFD camera. I just purchased a Mamiya 645 AFD11 and Leaf Aptus 22. I volunteered to take pictures of the kids with Santa. I truly see the difference between DSLR and MFD. I will be doing some portraits in about 2 weeks and will post more then, Thank you, rollsman

rollsman44

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »

More images of the kids
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up