Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First morning out - I've finally arrived!!!  (Read 1411 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
First morning out - I've finally arrived!!!
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:57:59 pm »

Hi all,

At last we completed the move and settled into our lovely new home on Skye, after driving 520 miles in severe gales with a high sided tail lift truck, what a white knuckle ride that was. Then spent the next nine days stuck inside waiting for the 80/90 mph winds, rain, sleet and generally bad weather to blow itself out, but finally managed to get out this morning and took a few shots and here is one of them.

I am really going to like here..  ;D

Dave (UK)

aduke

Re: First morning out - I've finally arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:33:10 pm »

Lovely.

Alan

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:54:00 am »

No doubt, this is just the first of many thousands of great photographs waiting for you to capture on Skye - what a lovely corner of the world in any and every season!

You didn't happen to purchase that guest house that was for sale through the Countryman[/] and on line, did you?
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:22:03 am »

Is it permitted to cry 'Git!', as envy-inspired response to the good fortune of others, or does the LuLa FUA outlaw such things?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 10:39:35 am »

Dave, splendid shot. You and Timo both do some serious landscape. Between you, Timo and Chuck Kimmerle I'm beginning to wonder if there might be some hope for landscape photogrphy after all.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 10:57:03 am »

Dave, splendid shot. You and Timo both do some serious landscape. Between you, Timo and Chuck Kimmerle I'm beginning to wonder if there might be some hope for landscape photogrphy after all.
Hear, hear!

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:32:05 pm »

No doubt, this is just the first of many thousands of great photographs waiting for you to capture on Skye - what a lovely corner of the world in any and every season!

You didn't happen to purchase that guest house that was for sale through the Countryman and on line, did you?

Hi luxborealis (or is that just Lux?),

No we didn't, but we did go to see it and made an offer on it, it was slightly out of our reach, but it was more a serious full time B&B thing than we wanted to do, as we only really intend to do B&B a couple of months a year in the height of summer (only £35 PP/PN) so book early if you want to come. The other 4 months, 2 in spring and 2 in autumn, are going to be dedicated to small (groups of 3/4 people) for Photography Instruction/Holidays with full board and as much photography indulgencies as you can shake a stick at - go to www.photography.info for more details.

Thanks for all the comments on my image, I really do appreciate this, it is so good to hear I am hitting the mark (at least some of the time) by hearing positive comments from other serious photographers, thanks again.

all the best

Dave (UK) - I might have to change that to Dave (Skye)
Pages: [1]   Go Up