Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New series  (Read 1518 times)

EricDosSantosPhotography

New series
« on: December 01, 2011, 07:10:58 am »

All Pictures taken with my Hasselblad 100mm f/2.2 with the exception of the first and 4th image which were taken witha 35mm.  Images meant to be viewed in order presented.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:13:24 am by EricDosSantosPhotography »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: New series
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:42:23 am »

Well, Eric, it's not exactly a luminous landscape. As soon as I stop ROTFL I'll let you know what I think.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

alban

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:04:38 am »

The second photo reminds me a bit of a scene on the movie "The Saint" .   Number 4 ,suicide?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:24:07 am by alban »

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:56 am »

Interesting work.  I like the storyboard feel you have made.  Am I to understand your protagonist hung himself?  pretty dark stuff you have there.  

Here are a few disjointed comments.

Speaking of dark, These images are dark and I found myself squinting and getting close to my monitor to see what was happening.  I had to do this on my over-bright work monitor, not a calibrated display or a typical average-brightness display.  I think many people will find the darkness so deep that it is hard to see the action.

For a series like this that is intended to be viewed together and tell a story, you probably want to crop them at the same size and aspect ratio and then frame them as a single work--something like a triptych might be done. Having to tell the viewer to view them in order diminishes the artistry of a collection of works.  Their presentation method should make that clear without words.

The color tonality on the first shot is incongruent with the rest of the images. It makes it stand out, and not in a good way.

The third shot is the best one here. It is technically well executed and emotionally charged.  The others show pathetic brooding...and that doesn't translate as well to photo as an action shot that shows angry movement.  the third shot is the only one that I would say could stand on its own merits.  The others need to be in the series to be interesting.

Great use of the color red to set a tone.

Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up