Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My old village (Germany)  (Read 3911 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
My old village (Germany)
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:03:02 am »

This is from my old village as I was driving to work yesterday through the fog. Apologizes for the watermark
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:04:45 am by mseawell »

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
Re: My old village (Germany)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:04 pm »

Very nice poss a little too bright in the highlights but otherwise a cracking shot....great atmosphere captured.

Shaun
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »

Nicely seen.

Since this is not posted in the Critique section, are you interested in hearing it anyway? Oh, just noticed this is your first post. Welcome! We have here three options when it comes to getting/avoiding criticism:

1. If you want a critique, there is a section for it (in The Art of Photography Forum)
2. If you specifically do not want it, but want just to display your work, there is a thread titled "Without Prejudice" in the same section
3. This forum, where you are posting, is a bit ambiguous in that respect, as some posters would critique it anyway, some would refrain, and some would ask for permission first.

Once again, welcome!

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:26:19 pm »

Beautiful composition.  I hope you can recover those highlights during a re-process.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:28:34 pm »

Hi there, and welcome to the list!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »

Thanks for the info especially concerning on how to post. Since I'm new here I'll make sure to post at the proper forum in the future but do feel feel to critique!

Mark

fineartphotos

• Black white and fine art photography
great black and white photography
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 01:02:12 pm »

Very nice. Contrast and lighting is amazing, well done.
Composition could be better, it is very hard to create strong dynamic landscape in vertical , but if you manage to do it it might be your best photograph.
In black and white photography texture, form, shapes, lighting is the most important along with composition.
This black and white is definitely great but the sky is  a little bit overexposed.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 06:44:15 am »

Very nice... nothing wrong with the highlights (or the shadows), in my humble opinion: sometimes, you do not need to see everything with all its details; sometimes, it is even better just insinuating some parts.

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:00 am »

Very nice... nothing wrong with the highlights (or the shadows), in my humble opinion: sometimes, you do not need to see everything with all its details; sometimes, it is even better just insinuating some parts.

Agree with that, as I would!

I've a similar shot on the bedroom wall, made by a French photogarpher, Francis Annet, working out of Sarlat in the Dordogne/Périgord (take your pick!); Petit matin d'hiver depuis Temniac, is what he calls it. It's also a vertical, and in fact, of the three prints which I bought from him, my two favourites are both verticals... yes, difficult at times on 135 format, but pretty good when it works!

Fog is to landscape what wet blouses are to women.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »

... Fog is to landscape what wet blouses are to women...

Somehow, Rob, every discussion with you about landscape ends up with... women!? Add wet blouses, and all I need now to complete that picture is the "hand of man" ;D

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »

Somehow, Rob, every discussion with you about landscape ends up with... women!? Add wet blouses, and all I need now to complete that picture is the "hand of man" ;D
;D
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:01:16 am »

Slobodan, there are only two legitimate options in life and, depending on your gender they are reduced to one, and woman is one of those choices.

Regarding landscape, haven't you heard of Mother Nature? What do you expect her to be wearing, out in the rain  - a Mary Poppins?

There, you made me say it again  - all your fault!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up